Rules, rights and duties. How does the work context look like for an artist? What does it mean to become a professional?
Legal and administrative matters, Project management
Artists, Creative and Cultural Professions, Trainers/Coaches
for all sectors, photography, visual and graphic arts, music, webdesign, dance, media, performing arts
Level of experience
for all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
It is useful for participants who start their own business.
Basic overview of the fundamentals that have to be taken into consideration when organising and managing an artistic activity: Legal forms (contracts, worker's status), fiscal situations (social security, VAT, etc.) , insurances, copyright/authorship, privacy.
- Definition of arts professionals, in particular in performing arts
- Being employed as a performing artists; contract, minimum salaries, social security
- Freelance artists; various types of taxation; how to make an invoice
- SIAE (Italian authors' and publishers' association)
- How to organise your performance / project
Presentation by the trainer as an expert of that field. Practical exercise using a fictive or real project as an example.
Capacity to understand rules, rights and duties of an arts professional.
Participants should be able to understand the legal/fiscal basics of arts profession.
- Slide show, flipchart, internet connection, laptop, video projector.
- Participants are welcome (and encouraged) to bring personal laptop computers with them.
Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (given and collected at the end of the session)
Slide show, flipchart, internet connection, laptop, video projector. Participants are welcome (and encouraged) to bring personal laptop computers with them.
Other related recommended resources
8 to 15
Français, Italiano, English
Past track experience
Marika Errigo, Giulio Stumpo
OrganisationCentro di Creazione e Cultura
under the project Routes to Employment
Download📎 Module PDF (0.11 MB)