How can an artist integrate the urgency of the own personal pathway with the context he is living in? This training will help you to develop a critical vision of the role of the artist in contemporany society in relation to action, audience, ethic and politics.
Artists and society
Artists, Creative and Cultural Professions, Trainers/Coaches
for all sectors, photography, visual and graphic arts, music, webdesign, dance, media, performing arts
Level of experience
for all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
Individuals interested in socially engaged practices. Attitude to work in group. Basic knowledge of relational approach in didactics and art.
The awareness of oneself as an artist, the identification of personal skills and assets are crucial for the development of one's activity.The relationship with one’s “vocation”, one’s own unique and unrepeatable artistic pathway, the real needs and authentic motions that distinguish our existence in a radical way and that, therefore, must be sought and fed incessantly.
- Theoretical discussion: What does it mean to be an artist and a professional? Which are an artist's basic rights, needs, obligations?
- Exercises of self presentation; experiences of multidisciplinary approach, exchange, collaboration with different artists.
- Psychophysical activities will improve concentration and will create the correct dimension for interaction.
Active methodology, putting the accent on the participant's inputs and by giving them the possibility to exchange among peers. The trainer as an expert of that field acts as facilitator.
Being aware of the recent artistic trends in various disciplines is important for the creation of a competitive professional profile, able to work in festivals, exhibitions, contemporary arts centres, etc.
- Increase your own sense of responsibility as an artist and as an active citizen in contemporary society
- Exploit your creative vocation in the perspective to balance an artistic vision and the requests from the work market.
Basic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wi fi).
Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (given and collected at the end of the session)
Physical exercises, slides.
Other related recommended resources
8 to 15
Français, Italiano, English
Past track experience
OrganisationCentro di Creazione e Cultura
under the project Routes to Employment
Download📎 Module PDF (0.11 MB)