Are you a painter, a sculptor, a photographer, a cartoonist, a graphist or a visual artist? Do you have questions regarding the way to fix your prices for your works or services? Do you wonder how to determine which price you need to ask in order to be able to remunerate yourself appropriately?
Artists, Creative and Cultural Professions, Trainers/Coaches
visual and graphic arts
Level of experience
for all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
Please bring some pictures of your work to the training
Think about ways to fix your prices in collaboration with other artists of your sector and with the support of a trainer, an economist of SMart's Research Unit and a SMart advisor specialised in visual arts.
- What are the main elements that determine the selling price? (salary, client, sector…)
- How to transpose certain principles of the "classical" economy (costs, offer and demand, pricing strategy…) to the artistic sectors?
- How do other artists define their prices? Exchange between participants and testimonies of artists presented by the trainers
- How to set the price of an order or an artwork? The participants will work out some exercises in small groups on those issues
- How to determine ways of action through practical exercises
Active methodology, putting the accent on the participants' inputs and giving them the possibility to exchange among peers.
- Be able to clarify the parametres that need to be taken into account when setting prices
- Know how to apply the basic socio-economic notions related to the setting of prices in the artistic sectors
- Initiate a reflexion on the price fixing practices in the sector of visual and graphic arts and identify ways adapted to your personal situations
- To be able to set prices that are adequate to your work
- Training script
- Basic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wifi)
Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (paper and online versions exist)
Powerpoint for the trainer, Documents, articles and infosheets distributed to the participants
Other related recommended resources
up to 15
Past track experience
Download📎 Module PDF (0.11 MB)