Target of the project were first of all the staff, collaborators, trainees and members of the partner organisations, then the adult learners involved in their activities, who were enabled to improve both their artistic competences and their social, (inter)cultural and ecological awareness, and finally the local communities and public and private stakeholders in all participating countries.
Key elements of the project were:
- video documentation of the traffic in the streets of all cities involved, realised by groups of learners
- research on the peculiar sound of the different cities
- confrontation, exchange and sharing of the process and the results in transnational meetings, as well as through web-based communication
- groups of adult learners elaborated the video and sound materials in a variety of formats (text, film, visual arts, etc.), and composed “music scores” out of the recorded sounds of all participating towns
- the results were presented to the public in video and sound installations
- in the second project year, the presentations were accompanied by meetings aimed at discussing and analysing the method, the implementation process and the cultural and educational content
- the works, and the evaluation of their role as cultural and educational tools, are published on line, thus becoming available for the communities of the partner countries and beyond.