Phase(s)Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production
SubjectProduction of artistic projects
Target groupsArtists, Creative and Cultural Professions, Trainers/Coaches, Advisors
Sectorsfor all sectors, photography, visual and graphic arts, music, webdesign, dance, media, performing arts
Level of experiencefor all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
PrerequisitesIntention to release an album or to record a music project.
CommentsThis training was designed both for the artists and the professionnals of the creative sector. There are several modules in this training, which can be adapted to the participants.
DescriptionThis training session will provide to the participants tools to facilitate their work abroad and or to undertake the production of a recording or an album release in a national or an international dimension. Aspects related to pre-production, production, and pre-production, music industry, promotion, legal issues and differences between Belgium and France.
ContentLegal framework of music industry:
- Economic context
- Phonographic industry
- Music publishing
- What value for an album realease nowadays?
- What strategy?
- What partnership?
- What planning?
- What fundings?
- How to promote an album release?
- Is a videoclip necessary/relevant?
MethodTheory lessons. Exchange and discussion between the participants and with the trainers.
- Help the artistes and music professionnals to undertsand legal and administrative issues in music industry.
- Facilitate work of music professionnals (artists and managers) in transnational projects.
- Promote cross-border artistic projects.
- To acquire knowledge about music industry
- To acquire knowledge on the specificities of music industry in France and in Belgium
- To know how to manage an album release in an international context?
ResourcesBasic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wifi).
- Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (given and collected at the end of the session)
- Discussion between the participants and the trainers at the begining and at the end of the day.
Support materialPowerpoint presentation, Examples of albums, Documents distribued to the participants: Albums promotion, promotion strategy, retroplannings, etc.
Participants15 to 30
Course language(s)Français, Nederlandse, English
Past track experiencesince 2010
Trainer(Could be modified)
Jean François Bert
Pierre Van Brackel
Robin Sen Gupta / Manager of "Les Blaireaux" (French music band)
Alexandre Pinchart / Nada Booking