Phase(s)Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production
SubjectLegal and administrative matters
Target groupsArtists, Creative and Cultural Professions, Trainers/Coaches, Advisors
Sectorsmusic, performing arts
Level of experiencefor all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
PrerequisitesIntention to formulate an international project, or do deploy a project in its international dimension
CommentsThis training was designed both for the artists and the professionnals of the creative sector. There are several modules in this training, which can be adapted to the participants.
DescriptionThis training session will provide to the participants tools to facilitate their work abroad and or to undertake the production of artistic projects in an international dimension. Aspects related to design, pre-production, production, and post-production. Transnational mobility, artists status and differences between Belgium and France, manage contracts, anticipate legal and administrative dimensions involved in the production of artistic projects, intellectual Property Rights.
- Artist status in France = artist status in Belgium?
- What are the differences and the impacts on cross-border activities?
- What are the difficulties encountered by an artist who works in both countries?
- These status in the EU context?
- What are the protocols to employ a belgian artist in France, and a french artist in Belgium?
- What contracts exist to follow these steps?
- What is the role of tour promoters, agents, etc in Belgium and in France?
MethodTheory lessons. Exchange and discussion between the participants and with the trainers.
- Help the artistes and professionnals in performing arts and especially music sectors to undertsand legal and administrative issues.
- Facilitate work of music and performing arts professionnals (artists and managers) in transnational projects.
- Promote cross-border artistic exchanges.
- To acquire knowledge on the specificities of transnational mobility
- To acquire knowledge on the specificities of artists status in France and in Belgium
- To know how to manage contracts on a cross-border context
- To acquier knowledge on Property Rights and anticipate post-production.
- Basic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wifi).
- Training script
- Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (given and collected at the end of the session)
- Discussion between the participants and the trainers at the begining and at the end of the day.
Support materialPowerpoint presentation, Exchange and discussion with the trainer
Participants15 to 30
Course language(s)Français, Nederlandse, English
Past track experiencesince 2010
Trainer(Could be modified)
Fred Hochet / administrative director in Hempire Scene Logic (France)
Greet Souvereyns / Jurist in Kunstenloket (Belgium)
Cédric Parfait / Administrative director in Le Grand Mix (France)
Ignace de Breucker / Financial director in L'Ancienne Belgique (Belgium)
Audrey Boistel / Trainer and jurist consultant in Smart.fr (France)
Jacques Englebert / Jurist and lawyer in DLM Law.