Are you working with persons with different cultural backgrounds? Did you already experience misunderstandings or tensions in this type of collaborations? Or do you foresee that differences in cultural backgrounds could have an impact on future projects? This training offers you to explore these questions to allow you to integrate these elements in the preparation and the management of your project.
Artists, Creative and Cultural Professions
for all sectors, photography, visual and graphic arts, music, webdesign, dance, media, performing arts
Level of experience
for all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
Based on exchanges ont he experiences of the participants and the theoretical frameworks brought by the trainer, the aim is to better take into account the different cultural backgrounds in the sound management of professional international projects of emerging creative artists.
- What's cultue? How can it influence international/professional relations?
- What makes the culture of a group? How can we recognize, understand and interact with it?
- Stereotypes and cultural images: how do they interfere with our intracultural relations? How can we profit from it?
- Each culture has different ways to perceive and live with the group/the individual, the hierarchy, timen space and the flow of information
- The different levels of intercultural competences (informative)
Active methodology, putting the accent on the participants' inputs and giving them the possibility to exchange among peers. Presentation by the trainer as an expert of that field.
- Have a better understanding of what is at stake in professional interactions that involve several cultures
- Have a grid and explanatory frames to better understand, to avoid traps and to better manage work involving different cultural backgrounds
At the end of the workshop, the participants are conscious about the unavoidable "do's and don'ts" in the professional and intercultural contexts.
- Basic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wifi)
Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (paper and online versions exist)
Powerpoint for the trainer,Documents ditributed to the participants, Practical exercices and games
Other related recommended resources
up to 12
Past track experience
Isabel Mohedano Sohm
under the project Routes to Employment
Download📎 Module PDF (0.11 MB)