Every contract and convention is made of essential sections and negotiable content. How do you draft a contract that will protect you and your work?
Legal and administrative matters
Artists, Creative and Cultural Professions
for all sectors, photography, visual and graphic arts, music, webdesign, dance, media, performing arts
Level of experience
for all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
This training doesn't cover copyrights and neighbouring rights or encoding SMart contracts. To deepen these subjects, we invite you to follow a cost-free info session. If you're a photographer, you can also follow the training "Photography - copyrights and image rights"
This training presents the elements that should be included in creative professionals' contracts
- What is a contract/an agreement?
- What are the essential categories that need to appear in a contract?
- What are the important questions that needs to be asked when writing a contract or reading one?
Active methodology, putting the accent on the participants' inputs and giving them the possibility to exchange among peers. Presentation by the trainer as an expert of that field.
- Know the basic rules to write a contract/an agreement
- Be able to valorize your own rights while writing a contract
- To be more at ease when negotiating or receiving a contract
- Training script
- Basic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wifi)
Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (paper and online versions exist)
Documents and infosheets distributed to the participants
Other related recommended resources
- The infosheet "Key information on contract"
- evaluations available
up to 12
Past track experience
under the project Routes to Employment
Download📎 Module PDF (0.11 MB)